Wednesday, June 22, 2011

iPad2 and using web tools woes....

I have an iPad2 that I earned through my Region's science collaborative this past year. I also have a netbook. The screen on the netbook can be tiresome to read after a while, so I was very happy to get the iPad with its larger screen. Sweet, I thought, this will replace the netbook...wrong. Apple doesn't support Flash. This is more of a problem than I thought. Either there are a lot of sites using Flash, or the iPad has other issues as well.

For instance, it will not let me read any of the blogs on the netvibes dashboard. I can see that they are there and that there are updates to read, but other than one or two lines, I can't see them. Yes, clicking on them will give me a few more lines, but not the complete blog. It's sort of like a teaser. Single taps, double taps, a soft-shoe to the left, nothing works. I have to go back to my google reader or the original site to read them.

I tried signing up for the Collaborative Classroom to try it out. Another teaser, I can register and fill out info for my class and then it sends me back to login and everything starts over. Sigh....

I tried to pull up and read about the core Standards, but I can only get the first page to come up. And from other blogs, I can tell, there is more to it than that one page. I think the problem here, again, may go beyond Flash.

I may have to give up and get a real laptop, which can't happen until late August. Budgetary issues. Guess it will be squinting at the netbook 'till then. Woe is me, Apple, lighten up and give me Flash, or my iPad may be trash....

No comments:

Post a Comment