Monday, July 4, 2011

My Glogster

I had some fun with Glogster.  It was easy to use, I wasn't particularly creative with it, but then I don't think I could blame Glogster for that.  I'm a bit distracted right now.  I would like to try it with some pictures from my "cruise" this week and see how well I can pull them into the work.
Here is the link to my attempt: http://froggychem.edu.glogster.com/chem1/
(Haven"t figured out how to embed yet.)

I also tried out Animoto.  Wow, that was fun and so easy.  I think I may have to make an investment in this program.  30 seconds just isn't long enough. :)  Here is my video, hope my son forgives me, but I think it's cute. http://animoto.com/play/8K2B375n0ANZ6BTmh9iOlQ
Every year I take pictures of my chemistry students doing hot air balloons and then try to put together a ppt of them with music. It's been a pain.  Animoto is so much easier and looks way cooler!

I'm working on a screencast using jing, gimp and inkscape.  I keep running into issues.  Hope to post it soon tho.

3 comments:

  1. I think your animoto video/post is fun and it inspires me to try to use it when I put pictures of my students collecting macroinvertebrates up on my website.

    I'm still having trouble figuring out how I might use Glogster myself... I imagine it to be a great tool for my students. They'd have so much fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your video is really very nice. After watching it, I am inspired to check on animoto also. I spent quite a while on Glogster last week. I agree that it is a great tool for students at all grade levels. I plan to use it for my classes in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that using Animoto is a great way to show students pictures of themselves doing stuff in the classroom or the field! They really do love seeing pictures of themselves. I am not familiar with teaching other grades, but I know my 7th graders grow up SO MUCH during the school year, it would be really fun to take pictures all year and then put them into this show. How about having a techy talented student create the show for you? They get the credit and you get the time!

    ReplyDelete